Introduce yourself

Who's who in the TrawlerCrawler community.

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Administrator » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:43 am

I have been researching trawlers for about two years. I’m retired and want to do the Great Loop trip. My research indicates that a trawler with a diesel engine is the ultimate Loop vessel. I have looked at probably 20 to 30 boats over the period. This summer I looked at a boat in Connecticut and the owner recommended your group as a good site to visit for information regarding trawler ownership, maintenance, and travelling. Actually, I’m having a survey done on a 1975 Marine Trader located in Connecticut tomorrow (11/12/2013) and hope to take ownership by 11/20. I am hoping to initially use the sight this week to find information on any issues that come from the survey. I have been a boat owner since 1985 and cruised extensively throughout The NYS Erie Canal, The Finger Lakes, and Lake Ontario.
Mike
Administrator

Postby Administrator » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:44 am

Interested in, and planning for, living aboard a Nordhavn 47 ... A ways out, but looking to learn all I can from the various cruising communities in the lead up to it. In particular, true costs of living aboard, personal stories of those who have done, and are living aboard.

Dave O'
Administrator

Postby Fish Catcher jim » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:24 am

I have been around boats for as long as i can remember and I was almost born on a dingy heading to shore from the light house my dad was stationed on. Good ol Plymouth harbor !! lol
At this time I am looking for the best fit in a boat to meet needs for looping and some good ol fishing.
So I decided to join this family so I may learn more about trawlers and what i can expect from them.
So far I am very impressed and enjoying all that I can learn.
Thank You for allowing me to be a part of this Trawler family.
Have a great Week End
Jim
Fish Catcher jim

Previous

Return to Introductions